Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 22:41:20 -0400

  > If you would like a direct link to their README which contains examples
  > of invoking each function (i.e. in a way, their API spec), you could use
  > either of these:

  > https://github.com/magnars/s.el/blob/master/README.md
  > https://raw.githubusercontent.com/magnars/s.el/master/README.md

Thanks.

Someone emailed me that file, so now I see what is in s.el.
65 functions, some of them simply renamed to add 's-',
some of them with calling conventions changed, some of them
useful added functionality (though nothing profound),
some of them useless additions (s-prepend, etc).

Magnars is very skilled and very capable.  If he were working in
cooperation with us, I am sure he could contribute a geat deal.
However, the directionb he has chosen to go in leaves us facing
two bad alternatives.

--
Dr Richard Stallman