Re: What is the most useful potential feature which Emacs lacks?

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: What is the most useful potential feature which Emacs lacks?
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 22:34:57 -0300

Hi HaiJun,

several years ago - in 2012, I think - I tried the existing ways of
playing audio from Emacs and I found them hard to use and unreliable,
and I decided to implement a minimalistic way to play audios and
videos from Emacs by calling external programs (sort of) directly...
and I've been incredibly happy with it since then. It's very different
from what you're asking for, but it's very easy to set up and to hack.
If you want to take a look at it, it's here:

  http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-audiovideo-intro.html
  http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-audiovideo-intro.html#4

The link with the "#4" points to a demo. There's a good introduction
to eev here,

  http://angg.twu.net/emacsconf2019.html

and you can install it from ELPA.

  Cheers,