Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 13:46:36 +0200

A few messages back, Eli said:

>                                                        If we really
> want to record in these buffers what project they are related to, we
> need to have stronger evidence, like what was the current-buffer when
> the command was invoked, or maybe something else (like name the
> buffers in some special way).

Where "these buffers" refers, IIUC, to "stuff like *XREF*, Eshell,
Occur, *Compilation*, *Grep*, etc.".

Would it make sense for these special modes to have a buffer-local
variable pointing to the buffer where the command was invoked?
project.el could then consult that variable first, then fallback to
default-directory?