Re: Quit and Close Emacs Special Windows

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Quit and Close Emacs Special Windows
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 03:31:10 +0200

Hi Stefan:

As "this behavior" I mean that pressing q effectively closes the buffer instead of keeping it around in the buffer list. When working in big projects with too many files usually there are too many *-...-* buffers (magit, compile, man, logs...). And the user needs to keep closing them constantly (with C-u q or explicitly)
This is not only annoying some times (for example for rotating buffers with C-x right) but also is somehow unnatural for term users who are used to call ex. man from the terminal and quit quickly to continue.