RE: Regarding outline headings in emacs-lisp libraries

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Regarding outline headings in emacs-lisp libraries
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 18:01:42 -0700 (PDT)

> Also, I believe the current code that extracts the Commentary section
> from a file relies on ;;; Code: as the end-marker for the Commentary.

Not exactly.

It looks for a match for "^;;;;* \\(.*\\):[ \011]*$".

That could be ";;; Code:" or it could be (and often
has been, in the past) ";;; Change Log".  It could
be any match for that regexp.

(Don't take this as support for changing something.
I'm just clarifying what's done currently by functions
such as `finder-commentary', which uses `lm-commentary',
which uses `lm-commentary-end'.)