Re: Speeding up native-comp progress

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: Speeding up native-comp progress
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 14:06:39 +0000

Ethan Edwards <ethancarteredwards@gmail.com> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> I've started compiling my own emacs with my own ./configure flags,
> instead of my GNU/Linux Distro's binary. I also have took notice
> of the feature/native-comp git branch and compiled it and I've
> been using it for about a week and have loved it.
>
> On Reddit there's a post linking to the talk, and one of the comments on
> said post is saying that it would likely be Emacs 28 before it was
> merged, which is about 2 years away. I would like to know if there's
> anything I could do to help speed up that process, for example Bug
> Reports, or development, etc.

Hi Ethan,

thanks for the mail, is great to ear you enjoy using the branch.

On my side I think precise bug reports are _extremely_ important.  For
precise I especially mean providing a clear recipe to reproduce it
starting from scratch.  Precise bug reports saves me a lot of time and
greatly help improving the usability of the branch for all users.

Needless to say suggestions and/or patches are greatly appretiated too.

Thanks

  Andrea

--
akrl@sdf.org