Re: master b8062be 3/5: Remove some compat code from eudc-bob.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master b8062be 3/5: Remove some compat code from eudc-bob.el
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 17:17:33 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> Cc: monnier@iro.umontreal.ca,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 10:32:46 +0200
>
> How did we end up with having unibyte buffers go through the eol
> conversion in the first place?  Is it a relic from the Mule days?

No, Emacs did EOL conversion even in v19.x (although I think it only
did it on MS-Windows and MS-DOS).  Everything was unibyte back then,
remember?  When MULE was merged, we incorporated EOL conversion into
its machinery and made it available on all platforms.  But unibyte
buffers were still widely used back then, so it was necessary to
provide EOL conversion for them.