RE: Modernize frame-title-format: "%b - GNU Emacs"

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Modernize frame-title-format: "%b - GNU Emacs"
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 08:05:09 -0700 (PDT)

>   "buffer-name - GNU Emacs (system-name)"
> Or maybe:
>   "GNU Emacs (system-name) - buffer-name"
>
> Since the first part is mostly static, and this could keep
> the buffer name visually in the same spot in the title bar.

Interesting and reasonable reason.

My argument is just the opposite: put specific info
to the left, and more common, less specific info to
the right.

I hate it when some application or website insists
on putting the app/site name at the left of every
browser window, with the real info - about the
specific page or whatever, relegated to the right.

Why? Because narrowing the window, or seeing the
title in a tab, cuts off the pertinent part: the
part that makes a difference.

Good to see different arguments.  Picking a default
behavior is, like other things, about trade-offs.