Re: master 262d0c6: Mark some tests as expensive

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: master 262d0c6: Mark some tests as expensive
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 03:22:54 -0700

> With your change, you have tagged *all* autorevert tests as
> :expensive-test. In practice this means, they won't run by default ever,
> because people call "make check" only. Any error there, which is not
> related to GNU/Linux, will be hidden (hydra and emba run "make
> check-expensive", but only for GNU/Linux).
>
> I don't think this is your intention.

Sorry for the delayed reply here.

It does seem unfortunate that no tests run for autorevert-mode in the
default case.  I have a patch in the works that will reduce the running
time for these tests, I will send it here when it's done.  (Basically
the patch would temporarily lower auto-revert-interval, remove sleeps
and manually set mtime to lower values than the current time.)

> There have been discussions about how long tests shall run. But there
> hasn't been ever a conclusion to limit them to 1 second. Please discuss
> this first, before making such changes.

Sure, I just didn't expect this to be controversial.  Sorry if this
change caused any problems.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas