Re: master ec9523a: Add a keybinding to the help menu to display manuals

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: master ec9523a: Add a keybinding to the help menu to display manuals
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 00:08:58 -0400

  > We have a docs directory, where we keep Texinfo sources of the
  > documentation; why not keep the Info files there?

It is ok for the command which generates them to generate them there.
But we need to install them in the system's directory for Info files.

Many programs generate Info files, not just Emacs.  We want all
programs to do so.  Thus, they need to be installed in a soecufuc
directory for the Info files of all programs.

--
Dr Richard Stallman