Re: Handling of [mouse-movement] and exiting isearch

From: Daniel Martín
Subject: Re: Handling of [mouse-movement] and exiting isearch
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 23:56:04 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Stab in the dark: the isearch-scroll property of commands, perhaps?

Yes, that works for commands.  I was looking for some option that could
work for events like mouse-movement.  I'm not sure if that would be a
good idea in general because a minor mode may bind the mouse-movement
event to a command that is incompatible with isearch, right? (for
example, because the command moves the point).

So I think the safest way is that users/developers manually mark those
commands that are compatible with isearch with the isearch-scroll
property.