Re: Xref completion

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Xref completion
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 20:11:27 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> I'm not sure I understand the UI and the interaction.  When there are
> several hits, they usually are spelled (almost) the same.  So how
> would the user pick up what he/she wants using the completion UI?

The file usually differs, so that's one way to narrow down.
Another way is to simply navigate the candidates (arrow keys, tab, etc.).

> And where are the candidates shown -- in the minibuffer? or in a
> special buffer, like Xref does?

In the minibuffer.

What I'm suggesting is to use Emacs' default completion framework so
that Xref completion would work with anything: ido, fido, company, Helm,
etc.

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/