Re: Proposal for an emacs-humanities mailing list

From: Karl Fogel
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 22:40:00 -0600

On 30 Nov 2020, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>However, I don't understand what is expected from the active Emacs
>developers wrt this list.  It sounds like they will need to subscribe
>to this new list, for it to be useful?

I don't think we need to assume that.  Emacs's extensibility and
customizability mean that there are plenty of beneficial suggestions that users
can make to each other without getting active core developers involved.  And
when a topic does warrant the attention of a maintainer, then someone from the
new list can come find one (perhaps by posting on Emacs Devel if appropriate).

Best regards,
-Karl