Re: Tramp and conversion of \r\n into \n

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp and conversion of \r\n into \n
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 14:44:34 +0100

yyoncho <yyoncho@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Ivan,

> I am writing this regarding the following issue on lsp-mode's bug
> tracker: https://github.com/emacs-lsp/lsp-mode/issues/2375 . The issue
> is that \r\n are converted to \n but only when connecting to linux
> from mac.
>
> Using (set-process-coding-system result 'no-conversion 'no-conversion)
> and settinginhibit-eol-conversion to t does not work(or at least this
> is what was reported by the users).
>
> Can you suggest what the issue might be?

Hard to say (and I have no Mac for testing). Maybe you bring me in
contact with a user beaten by this, and I'll try to see with her, what
happens. That means reproduce the problem while there are Tramp traces,
and likely to repeat the tests several times, applying patches proposed
by me.

> Thanks,
> Ivan

Best regards, Michael.