Re: non-gnu elpa issue tracking

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: non-gnu elpa issue tracking
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 01:09:56 -0500

  > I personally would be annoyed if users started reporting bugs directly
  > to my e-mail.

That's a minor in a side issue in a discussion.  It's not a policy
decision or even a proposal.  Please don't worry about it so much.

Obviously, if developers specify an address for reporting bugs -- as
we do for Emacs -- we will direct users there.

What about if there is no email address for reporting bugs?

I personally am always annoyed when I can't report a bug in a program
by email.  To me it says, "To report a bug, climb these hurdles first."
Usually I won't even try.

But if a package lets people report bugs via a web page, and they can
do this without running nonfree software, we will direct users to that
page.  Of course.

No one here is interested in being gratuitously uncooperative.

--
Dr Richard Stallman