Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 16:25:36 +0200

> From: Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 09:20:32 +0100
>
> > What's wrong with Options->Save Options?
>
> Nothing, except that people have been conditioned to expect that
> changes in options get saved automatically, so we could do that for
> them if they make the changes via the menus.

Not sure I'd like it: it would make it harder to try an option without
committing to using it.

> On a related note, perhaps 'save options' should be the last entry
> in the Options menu, to make it stand out more.

Its current place is what it is because the items below it don't
belong to "Options" saved by "Save Options".  We could add some
delimiter to make that more evident, but it isn't like the place is
random or not well thought of.