RE: Emacs Survey: Toolbars

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Emacs Survey: Toolbars
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 22:36:31 -0800 (PST)

> > > Nothing, except that people have been conditioned to expect that
> > > changes in options get saved automatically,
> > I assume you mean _some_ people.
>
> Would each you please take a deep breath, and respond
> more kindly from now on?

Would you please take a deep breath?  I don't think
there was anything unkind in either what Robert said
or in my reply to him.

Did you actually read what each of us said?  The point
of my emphasis on "some" was elaborated in the rest of
what I said, the point of which was that we can easily
accommodate _both_ expectations of saving automatically
and saving only on demand.

I don't even see any disagreement in what we were each
saying.  Some people _are_ used to automatic saving,
and we can accommodate that while also giving others
what they expect (which is what we have now).