Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars

From: Daniel Brooks
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 13:04:16 -0800

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > The page has a bunch of charts and graphs, but you have to enable
>   > Javascript to see them.  (And, no, the Javascript isn't free.)
>
> That is not a good state of affairs.  Would someone who is skilled at
> interpersonal relationships like to ask him politely to make that JS
> code free, or convert the information to a directly readable format
> and post that, or some other adequate solution?

You can view it locally using Jupyter Notebook, which is a bit like
Maxima or Macsyma but with Python instead of Lisp, and uses the Modified
BSD license.

On my Fedora machine I installed it with "dnf install python3-notebook",
then run Jupyter with "jupyter notebook commentary.ipynb". It took me a
while to find the right package name, because it doesn't have the name
"Jupyter" in either the name or the short description; an odd choice.

db48x