Re: emacs | Pipeline #8399 has failed for master | ee0e259e

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: emacs | Pipeline #8399 has failed for master | ee0e259e
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 18:20:31 +0100

> Hi Robert,
>
>>> Is there a way to get src/process-tests.log? That would at least
>>> narrow it down.
>>
>> No, the whole CI job runs into a timeout. I have wrapped now all tests
>> in process-tests.el with a timeout of 60 seconds; hopefully it shows us
>> the log file in case of.
>
> See <https://emba.gnu.org/emacs/emacs/-/jobs/9636/raw>.
> process-test-sentinel-sit-for has produced a failure. And according to
> the timestamps, process-test-stderr-buffer ran into the timeout.

process-test-sentinel-wait-function-working-p which is used by
process-test-sentinel-sit-for looks racy. Just because the process
sentinel has been called is no guarantee that the process has exited
and had its process-status set correctly, perhaps it should loop on
'process-live-p'

The process-test-stderr-buffer timeout I can't explain: nothing there
can wait longer than 2 seconds (unless itʼs 'make-process' thatʼs
timing out?)

Robert