Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 10:48:18 +0000

Hello, Martin.

On Mon, Jan 04, 2021 at 18:21:19 +0100, martin rudalics wrote:
>  > Forgive me if I become uncustomarily blunt and personal, but it seems you
>  > are determined to find the worst possible interpretation of everything,
>  > and your replies to so many posts take on an unusually negative tone.

> Forgive me Alan but

>  > The old "behaviour" seems to be an ad hoc unsystematic mess, not worthy
>  > even of being called a behaviour.

> has a rather negative tone too.

It does, but it's about a thing, not a person's actions.  Does it
disturb anybody?  Does it disturb you?  That's a genuine question.  If
so, I will be more careful to avoid repeating the disturbance in the
future.

> Gregory provided some interesting insights into how Emacs did
> (mis-)behave in this regard and I think that they help us to soon see
> a state that satisfies most of us.

He did indeed.  He has pointed out some bugs, too, which has been most
helpful, and for which I am grateful.  I do still find his manner of
expression difficult to deal with.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).