Re: Support Q: How many args for self-insert-command

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Support Q: How many args for self-insert-command
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 11:39:59 -0500

>> Thanks, Robin. I don't have the local resources for an emacs git
>> repository to be able to do what you did
> FWIW, you can grep the sources or etc/NEWS, from either a Git checkout
> or release tarball, without needing to build Emacs.

    % git clone --single-branch --depth 1 git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs

Transfers about 42MB and uses up a .git of about 43MB, and checking out
the resulting branch takes up an additional 160MB of disk space.

But you can go straight to the NEWS file(s) without fetching the whole
tree via:

    http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/etc/

-- Stefan