Re: How about making `set-minibuffer-window' obsolete?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How about making `set-minibuffer-window' obsolete?
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 19:28:48 -0400

> This function just sets the C variable minibuf_window.  This variable is
> defined (by comment) to be the minibuffer window of the selected frame.
> So setting it to a random mini-window will cause nasty problems.

AFAICT it's not that bad in the sense that it may cause a temporary odd
behavior but will be undone next time you select another frame.

Still, it can't see what it can be used for.

I'd strongly recommend marking it obsolete, indeed.  This part of the
code is tricky enough without having to deal with such old code whose
intended behavior has been lost.

        Stefan