Re: Add Maildir support to RMAIL

From: csh
Subject: Re: Add Maildir support to RMAIL
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 07:57:49 -0700 (PDT)

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote ..
> > From: csh <csh@bluehome.net>
> > Cc: ane@iki.fi, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> > Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 07:18:23 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> > Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote ..
> > >   $ movemail --version
> >
> > bash: movemail: command not found...
>
> Then I guess you should install GNU Mailutils.

I asked you what the package name was.  I told you that I cannot find it.

[liveuser@localhost-live ~]$ dnf search mailutils
Last metadata expiration check: 1:44:35 ago on Sun 25 Jul 2021 09:07:46 AM EDT.
No matches found.
[liveuser@localhost-live ~]$

> Btw, I'm not sure I understand completely what kind of Maildir support
> do you need and why.  Your original message said:
>
> > I really love the simplicity of reading mail with RMAIL, but most email
> > providers
> no longer use the mbox format for mail.

My mail is in Maildir format.  It is not in mbox format.

> What do you mean by "email providers", and how do you use that to get
> your email before reading it in Emacs?

I use bluehome.net, which stores mail in Maildir format, but I am sure Google
uses
Maildir format for its inboxes, too.

Right now, I am using the webmail Webmin interface.  Sometimes I use Evolution.
 Other
times I use Thunderbird.  I just used OfflineIMAP to fetch all my mail into
~/Mail/ on
my local machine.