Re: multi-process elisp compilation?

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: multi-process elisp compilation?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 08:42:50 -0400

On 7/26/21 22:23, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>

Howdy! Nowadays, most of us have multiprocessor desktops, but so far as
I can tell, when compiling elisp to .elc (or .eln) during make of Emacs,
the build only takes advantage of one processor. Is there a magic option
to configure that I missed that will use all my processors to compile
elisp during the build?
You mean, "make -jN" where N is the number of execution units?

Precisely, but that seems to work for building Emacs's .c files but not for compiling the elisp files. I may have screwed something up in my build; if it is expected to work, that would be useful information because then I could try to debug what has gone wrong.

Perry