Re: GitLab feature request compared with SourceHut

From: Ben Mezger
Subject: Re: GitLab feature request compared with SourceHut
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 17:15:42 -0300

> As Lars already said, that's irrelevant for us because we'd host
> sourcehut the software on GNU infrastructure anyway.

I was not aware about the possibility of hosting sourcehut at all -- but
this does seem like a plausible solution indeed.

> However, I want to point out that I'm very happily paying those 20 bucks
> a year to help making sr.ht a sustainable service.  It's so much better
> to pay with your money rather than your data.

Definitely, folks at sourcehut have been doing a great job at tacking
this sort of issue -- in fact, afaik, they are the only ones actually
trying to solve this mailing list problem. I am unaware of any other
solution that tackles code contribution the way they do it.

Maybe if Emacs makes the first move, perhaps other projects may follow
the same path.

--
Kind regards,
Met een vriendelijke groet,