Re: Patch proposal: display symbol source code in help buffers

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Patch proposal: display symbol source code in help buffers
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 08:14:31 +0200

> FWIW, I personally also ask myself why/how this is useful.  Is it
> because some users don't know that you can get to the source code?
>
> That said, I don't see any reason not to have this as an optional
> feature, if some users find that it works well for them.

The user would have to know about the user option to turn it on...  On
the other hand, as we've discussed in the "profile" issue, we might have
a profile that switches all stuff like this on, which makes the issue of
discovery moot.

I'm not against the feature per se, but I'm just puzzled that somebody
would want this feature.  :-)