RE: [External] : Re: NonGNU ELPA work

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: NonGNU ELPA work
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 12:20:13 -0700

> Where, besides your reply, is all this specified?

It should all be in:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/nongnu.git/plain/README.org

That file is linked from the landing page on https://elpa.nongnu.org/.

(There is a plan to export that text to HTML at some point.  I wrote a
patch for it but got stuck on some dependencies that had to get to
NonGNU ELPA first.)

> Is "NonGNU" the best, or even a good, name for this?

Maybe one could find something better, but IMHO it's not a bad name.
Even if you happen to not like it, MELPA is doing extremely well with a
name that is even worse.  ;-)

The problem is that we've pushed this name for a while already
(i.e. it's probably too late to rename it) and no one has put forward
any better proposals.  So I guess we're stuck with it.