Re: Installing the current emacs-28 branch under Windows 10

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Installing the current emacs-28 branch under Windows 10
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 20:02:43 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>> From: "H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de>
>> autom4te: error: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
>> autoreconf: error: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
>
> No idea.  Sounds like some end-of-line issue?  How did you configure
> Git wrt EOLs?

It is

uidg1626@VSL7V7PW MINGW64 /d/Emacs/emacs (emacs-28)
$ git config --list |grep crlf
core.autocrlf=true

Must be the default for this git installation on Windows, I didn't touch
it.  A sample of text files are encoded in undecided-dos in the emacs
repo.  Do the files need to be encoded in Unix style line endings for
MinGW tools?

Thank you

      Dieter
--