Re: Elisp LSP Server

From: Ag Ibragimov
Subject: Re: Elisp LSP Server
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 00:36:27 -0500

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> In the GNU Project we recommend avoiding the term "ecosystem" to
> describe software development, because it frames the situation in
> amoral terms.

An honest question, sir. May I? First of all, thank you for pointing
that out. I was unaware. You, see (as you have probably noticed), I am
not a native English speaker. I don't have an extended
vocabulary. That's just so you know - I'm not trolling you. Even though
that term is widely used in our industry, I would try to avoid it in
written communication from now on. But I'm afraid I may involuntarily
use it while talking. I tried searching for some better alternatives,
but I couldn't find anything that sounds like a good replacement for
it. Even dictionaries use examples such as: "Silicon Valley's
entrepreneurial ecosystem". And I have to say, after reading that
paragraph from words-to-avoid.html, that example made my eyes
twitch. What would you suggest to use instead?