Re: master 859190f 2/3: Convert some keymaps to defvar-keymap

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master 859190f 2/3: Convert some keymaps to defvar-keymap
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 23:58:28 +0200

Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> writes:

> [t] also means default binding.

Ah, yeah.  So it's definitely a no go.

A variant would be possible -- I mean, by putting in some more syntax.
Like:

[:C-c C-c]
[:t]
[:M-<down>]
[-C-c C-c]
[{C-c C-c}]

But...  I'm not sure that's super attractive.  It's too much of a trick,
too.

["C-c C-c"]

The string-in-a-vector syntax is the easiest to handle -- it's very
regular, well-understood syntax that doesn't look magical.

And since it's totally non-ambiguous, and we could make it error out on
everything that's not valid.