Re: Moving kbd to subr.el

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Moving kbd to subr.el
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 15:57:49 +0200

> OK, that's fewer than I thought.  So, new random thought:
>
> kbd-keymap
> kbd-define
> kbd-set-globally
> kbd-unset-globally
> kbd-set-locally
> kbd-unset-locally
> kbd-lookup

I like it.  (I was experimenting with a prefix "defkey" but couldn't
come up with a nice set of names like the set you have above.)

AFAICT, this approach has one important advantage that none of the
others have: it frees us from most of the legacy stuff in one go,
while still allowing us to leave the legacy interface as-is.