Re: Moving kbd to subr.el

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: Moving kbd to subr.el
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 11:06:02 -0500

Thank you for the reply, Lars.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021, 13:42 Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:
Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st> writes:

> Are there design goals at stake here that bind-keys leaves aside?  And,
> assuming there, would someone be so kind as to enumerate the design goals
> for a new keyboard binding layer?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking

Now that you ask, I wonderifmy thinkingis muddled, here.

-- that Emacs should be pre-loaded
with bind-keys?

That sounds great to me   Are there barriers or concerns?

As far as I know, bind-keys uses the same syntax that we're moving to.

Mainly, I'm interested in the goal of the present work.  Perfect, to help me understand, would be to put that as a list of 'bullet point' objectives.

I will have access to a personal computer tonight.  I'll review this thread thoroughly.  Likely I can then see the answers from that already once I do.

Sorry if I've created undue noise -- and tia for any 'goals in summay' anyone troubles to make.