Re: Entering emojis

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Entering emojis
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 09:37:33 +0000

Complex text layout needs two players: the font and the shaping engine. Each one must do its part of the job correctly; the font alone is not enough. The shaping engine is part of the editor that produces the display, that's why I asked which one was that.

Yes, I understand this.

How does LibreOffice display the same text?

Correctly.

I attach three files:

- a minimal LibreOffice text document, which displays "Egyptian language" as expected,

- the output of hb-view on the "Egyptian language" string, with the Aegyptus font,

- a patch for etc/HELLO, which replaces the "Egyptian language" string with the correct one (I don't know how the text "Egyptian language" should look like).