Re: Tick Reduction

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Tick Reduction
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 14:41:11 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Is that the default that corresponds to standard-fontset-spec in
> fontset.el, or did you tweak your system or Emacs to use that family?

They come automatically if you install emacs-gtk (gtk depends on pango,
pango depends on fontconfig, fontconfig depends on ttf-bitstream-vera
that has these two fonts).  With emacs-lucid, you have a direct
dependency on fontconfig so its the same thing there.

> I don't think I follow: there's no variable-pitch face, or any face
> that inherits from it, in the "C-h C-h" display, AFAICT.  What am I
> missing?

Oh, I didn't install that patch yet, did I?  I forgot about that little
detail...  So my guess was not a winner.