Re: msys2 build path problems + copy-paste english results in chinese ch

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: msys2 build path problems + copy-paste english results in chinese characters
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 18:46:32 +0200

> From: arthur miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
> Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 15:04:50 +0000
>
> I copy pasted english text in newly compiled Emacs, and get back some text in
> Chinese (at least I think it is)

Copy-pasted from which application?

If it's an MSYS2 application, then I suspect the problem is MSYS2 apps
encode copied text in UTF-8 (since Cygwin does, AFAIK), whereas a
native MS-Windows build of Emacs expects a UTF-16 encoding.

> Also, as seen exec-path is wrong. I started, as recommended, via windows
> means (shortcuts) instead of
> msys/mingw prompts.

Wrong how?  I don't see anything about exec-path in the image you
posted.