Re: persistent data feature

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: persistent data feature
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 14:56:40 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: luangruo@yahoo.com, galex-713@galex-713.eu, tom@logand.com,
>       emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 23:13:25 -0500
>
> If we really want a feature to be in the core, then we don't want to
> make it a dynamic module.
>
> However, it can happen that we want to support a feature with C code
> but we don't want it to add to the complexity of core Emacs.

I cannot imagine how such a situation could arise, really.  And in all
my long involvement with Emacs development it didn't happen yet.
Which suggests that it's probably a theoretical possibility, but a
real situation we need to deal with.  And the module interface was
designed to not require _any_ support from Emacs to be able to add a
module, so I'm quite sure this won't happen.