Re: long-standing GTK bug

From: Madhu
Subject: Re: long-standing GTK bug
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 17:36:13 +0530

* Po Lu <87k0dbs5vh.fsf @yahoo.com> :
Wrote on Thu, 03 Mar 2022 18:11:14 +0800:
> Could you adapt that code to open two different displays?  AFAICT, it
> only tries to open a single display, which isn't the scenario in
> Emacs.

more cruft pushed. you can echo :2.0 > /dev/shm/display before trying to
retry connection to a display to change it.

However I think the overall approach isn't feasible for emacs: this
approach depends on gdk_close_display to clean up and remove any
GSources. i think the mainloop crashed elsewhere when some other gsource
fired - i don't have my test code and have to do it again maybe later
this week.