Re: EMBA notifications?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: EMBA notifications?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 09:32:26 +0100

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

Hi,

> I wonder what took us so long, though.  Was the test suite really that
> unreliable?

There are several tests which fail only on EMBA. Especially tests, which
use asynchronous processes, or file notifications.

The reason is not clear. One suspicion is that there might be a kernel
bug in Trisquel GNU/Linux 8.0, the operating system running on the EMBA
machine.

For the time being, these tests have been marked to skip. Look for
(getenv "EMACS_EMBA_CI") calls in the test/ subdirectory. If I haven't
miscounted, there are 26 such calls.

Best regards, Michael.