gdb fails to flush output (msys2)

From: Juan José García-Ripoll
Subject: gdb fails to flush output (msys2)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 12:18:22 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to debug some programs on Windows using MSYS2. In doing so,
I noticed that the gdb mode is not working well with the output from the
debugger.

Specifically, when I start the debugger I get the expected prompt. I can
also issue simple commands, such as "help", or "target exec". However,
once I press run and my program executes, the output from the program is
withheld. This output appears if I press ENTER again, but when I do so,
the program's output appears again and again -- it seems as if it was
reinterpreted as part of the prompt.

GDB is currently invoked through a wrapper I set up to find the
executable https://github.com/juanjosegarciaripoll/project-cmake
However, the same problem is witnessed with a modern installation of
MSYS2 and this little elisp script:

(let* ((msys2 "C:/msys64/ucrt64/bin")
           (path (concat msys2 ";" (getenv "PATH")))
           (default-process-coding-system 'utf-8-unix)
           (process-environment (cl-list* (concat "PATH=" path)

"MSYSTEM=ucrt64"

process-environment)))
  (call-interactively #'gdb))

Best,