Re: gdb fails to flush output (msys2)

From: Juan José García-Ripoll
Subject: Re: gdb fails to flush output (msys2)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 18:38:59 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>> From: Juan José García-Ripoll
>> I have used both the UCRT and MSVCRT runtimes, provided in
>> c:/msys64/ucrt64/bin/gdb.exe and c:/msys64/mingw64/bin/gdb.exe They are
>> downloaded from the MSYS2 terminal using pacman, so I assume they are
>> from the standard repositories.
>
> And they both exhibit the same problematic behavior?
>
> But actually the problematic behavior is of the program you are
> debugging, right?  Is that one linked against UCRT or MSVCRT?

I have tried both. I actually developed an Emacs module to select
different toolchains, using cmake and g++. My program has been therefore
built and debugged using both UCRT (both gdb and my code) and MSVCRT
(both gdb and my code) on different Emacs sessions and build
directories, and both exhibited this issue.

I am puzzled because this is just a C++ numerics library and I am really
not invoking anything fancy: just standard I/O from the C++ STL library
and Google Test (which also seems to use standard I/O). Nevertheless, I
will try again during the weekend with smaller standalone C and C++
programs, just to compare.

Best,

--
Juan José García Ripoll