Re: master 15ac51e0fd: Merge branch 'feature/completions-customs'

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: master 15ac51e0fd: Merge branch 'feature/completions-customs'
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 17:28:59 +0800

Juri Linkov <juri@jurta.org> writes:

> +(defcustom completions-header-format
> +  (propertize "%s possible completions:\n"
> +              'face 'shadow
> +              :help "Please select a completion")
> +  "Format of completions header.
> +It may contain one %s to show the total count of completions.
> +When nil, no header is shown."
> +  :type '(choice (const :tag "No header" nil)
> +                 (string :tag "Header format string"))
> +  :version "29.1")

IHMO this should be off by default.  It wastes a line of space in the
completions buffer for no real gain, and it's distracting.

Also, I don't know which part of this change causes the following
behavior, but if I say M-x and then press TAB twice, the item at the
start of the window displaying the completions buffer becomes
highlighted, even though it isn't selected.  That should also be off by
default, since it's an unnecessary visual distraction.

Thanks.