Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New packages: elquery, file-ring, metamorph

From: Visuwesh
Subject: Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New packages: elquery, file-ring, metamorph
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 12:29:17 +0530

[ஞாயிறு மார்ச் 27, 2022] Adam wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have a few packages which might be a good fit for NonGNU ELPA
>
> elquery is an HTML parsing (using emacs' libxml), formatting, and
> querying library, which is useful for scraping. It contains a
> querySelector implementation, and lots of helper functions for
> retrieving/setting data on parsed nodes.
>
> file-ring lets you switch between files which have the same basename
> with a keypress, which I've found useful when writing c and angular
> code (.c/.h and .component.ts/.component.html)
>
> metamorph is effectively a Turing-complete `replace-regexp`, which
> I've found useful when I need to add some number to twenty constants
> in a big header file.

The README file for metamorph suggests that you are reimplementing
query-replace-regexp's \,:

    In interactive calls, the replacement text can contain ‘\,’
    followed by a Lisp expression.  Each
    replacement evaluates that expression to compute the replacement
    string.  Inside of that expression, ‘\&’ is a string denoting the
    whole match as a string, ‘\N’ for a partial match, ‘\#&’ and ‘\#N’
    for the whole or a partial match converted to a number with
    ‘string-to-number’, and ‘\#’ itself for the number of replacements
    done so far (starting with zero).

Or am I missing something?