Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New packages: elquery, file-ring, metamorph

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New packages: elquery, file-ring, metamorph
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 18:53:29 -0700

Sadly putting the examples in README is not very helpful since
installing your package from melpa doesn't appear to bring down the
README; one shouldn't need to click through to Github to find out how to
use it if one has installed the package.

Also, a README that says "it's like JQuery but far less useful" is
likely to chase away any users --- yes I understand the need for
humility and to not over-promise but this is perhaps going a bit to far
--- why not try to at least have the goal of making it as useful as
JQuery? Alternatively just write an elisp wrapper that calls JQuery:-)

--

Thanks,

?7?4 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  ?0?8