Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New packages: elquery, file-ring, metamorph

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New packages: elquery, file-ring, metamorph
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 01:10:27 +0200

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 06:09:23PM -0400, Adam wrote:
The README file for metamorph suggests that you are reimplementing
query-replace-regexp's \,:

    [...]

Or am I missing something?

Nope, I didn't know query-replace-regexp could do that. metamorph offers previews while you type and does it all in one shot, but that probably doesn't warrant a whole separate package. Thanks for taking a look at it!

IMHO the best would be to add previews to query-replace-regexp. I asked
about that on emacs help some days ago and Juri said that there is
already come WIP...