Re: python minor-mode

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: python minor-mode
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 06:55:51 -0700

Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org> writes:

Agreed on all counts Barry!

The straw that broke my python-mode-camel's back was when I ran into
unexplainable bugs that I couldn't explain to myself because of lack of
documentation in the melpa install of python-mode, and gitlab's
insistence that I needed a gitlab account before I could even checkout
the code; at that point I just moved on. Now both of these assertions
could be a consequnce of my not having looked hard enough, and perhaps
if one visits Gitlab with an all-dancing JS-powered browser it might be
a different experience ...

With Github I've developed workflows where I entirely avoid the need to
use a JS-powered browser and perhaps the same is possible with gitlab if
one makes the investment ... but again, it was sufficiently hard to not
make it over the line given the now somewhat minor feature gaps between
python.el and python-mode.el.

--

Thanks,

?7?4 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  ?0?8