Re: etags name collision.

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: etags name collision.
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 01:09:26 +0200

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 01:41:00PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
BTW, regarding the state of our `ctags` compared to the other ones.
A few years back I remember someone comparing them and finding out that
we support fewer languages but that for some of those languages we
provided better results.  If that's not the case any more, maybe we
should check to see if we could make `etags.el` use "Exhuberant ctags"
when available so as to benefit from the better tool.

       Stefan

Another unmentioned advantage of universal ctags is the supported output
formats. One of them is json, which may simplify and improve the parsing
using our new json API...