Re: EBrowse obsolete?

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: Re: EBrowse obsolete?
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 12:44:46 +0600

Gerd Möllmann <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com> writes:

> I see that ebrowse is still in Emacs, which is something I wrote ~30 years
> ago.
>
> I wonder if that is still useful to anyone?
>
> Actually, in the time of language servers, ebrowse looks almost
> embarrasingly antiquated to me.

Do we have a similar functionality in Eglot?  Though I use it, I'm not
sure, since I use it only for xref and completion.  If we have such
feature in Eglot, then I would suggest to first add Eglot to core Emacs
and then obsolete ebrowse.

And what about CEDET?

--
Akib Azmain Turja

Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social.

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  It's fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5