Re: Why tree-sitter instead of Semantic? (was Re: CC Mode with font-lock

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: Re: Why tree-sitter instead of Semantic? (was Re: CC Mode with font-lock-maximum-decoration 2)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 20:28:23 +0600

Lynn Winebarger <owinebar@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2022, 12:03 PM Akib Azmain Turja <akib@disroot.org> wrote:
>

>> (Triggering a heated discussion again...)  Or maybe we can link Guile
>> to Emacs so that people can extend Emacs with the "GNU’s Ubiquitous
>> Intelligent Language for Extensions".
>>

> If the maintainers of Guile actually dropped their opposition to enforcing
> proper tail recursion at some point in the last 2 decades (when I last
> looked at it), then that's an option.  The doc for v3 says proper tail
> recursion is supported, but then the section on history discusses the
> "proposed" support for proper tail recursion, so I don't really know what
> the status is.
>
> Lynn

The manual says tail call optimization is supported because it is
required by the Scheme specification.  And IIUC proper tail recursion is
a proposed feature of *WebAssembly*, not Guile.

--
Akib Azmain Turja

Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social.

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  Its fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5