Re: Splitting image-dired.el into smaller files

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Splitting image-dired.el into smaller files
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 06:08:24 -0700

Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

> Instead of the subdir 'image-dired/' I recommend to use 'image/'
> to have a common name for more image-related packages:

I'm fine with putting this all under 'image/', but I don't think I have
any real opinion either way.  ISTR that Eli was the first to suggest
putting this under 'image-dired/', so maybe he feels differently.

>     image/idired-compat.el
>     image/idired-dired.el
>     image/idired-external.el
>     image/idired-gallery.el
>     image/idired-tags.el
>     image/idired-util.el
>     image/idired.el

idired is not a bad prefix, and it has some precedent in iimage.el.
OTOH, "image-dired" is not too bad either, and it is a bit more
descriptive.

With the completion framework I use, I can type `C-x p f i dir ut RET'
to visit "image-dired-util.el".  I would assume the story is similar
with other completion frameworks (including the default).  So maybe
using "image-dired-*.el" is okay, since the shorter one doesn't really
(or shouldn't really) save any typing.