Re: How to walk a Lisp_String?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How to walk a Lisp_String?
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 16:08:12 +0300

> From: Manuel Giraud <manuel@ledu-giraud.fr>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 13:40:53 +0200
>
> > So I still don't understand how you intend to put face information on
> > your Lisp strings,
>
> I'm still clueless about this.  You said that I have to propertize them
> so I think there is a C interface for this too.

'propertize' is implemented in C, so you could call it from C (as
Fpropertize).  But I think perhaps calling Fadd_text_properties (the C
name of add-text-properties) will be easier.

However, you still didn't answer my original question: where does the
face information (colors and fonts) come from?  The APIs I mention
above will allow you to put the information on a Lisp string, but
where will you get the information you need to put on those strings?